If you’re looking for a healthy seasonal veg soup recipe to recalibrate your post-Christmas body and mind, look no further! No fewer than SEVEN items from the typical Regather veg/fruit array in December/January – nine if you count the optional extras of fresh organic ginger and garlic. Huge thanks to customer Annette for submitting this recipe.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
- olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 thumb of fresh turmeric, finely chopped
- 2 apples, peeled cored and chopped
- Stock, approx half a litre
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200 C.
- Pour some olive oil into a roasting dish and turn the carrots, parsnips and turnip in it with your hands, then roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until the veg are soft and the edges are browning.
- Meanwhile add some oil to a large pan, and sauté the onions, leek, garlic, ginger, turmeric and apple until they are soft.
- Add the stock, orange zest and juice, and the roast vegetables. Simmer until soft, adding more stock if necessary. Blitz with a stick blender.
- Serve with crusty bread, and maybe a dollop of crème fraîche.