The annual Sheffield Food Festival is back next weekend, with events and activities taking place in various venues in the city centre on Saturday 26th, Sunday 27th and Bank Holiday Monday 28th May.
There are dozens of things do see and do, from food stalls to demonstrations to live music. Here are the Regather Co-op team’s not-to-miss events:
- In the Theatre Kitchen, 12.40-13.15 on Saturday, catch chefs from Rafters demonstrating some ideas for the delicious ‘Little Mester’ cheese made by Sheffield Cheesemasters. You can order this cheese in your veg box if you feel inspired!
- Head to The Fountain Bar in the Central Peach Gardens, open 11am-6pm on Saturday, Sunday and Monday to sample some of Sheffield’s finest real and craft ales from the likes of Abbeydale and Kelham Island breweries.
- Regather veg box supplier, Heeley City Farm, have a stall in Millennium Square on Saturday, selling jams, chutneys, crafts and plants made by staff and volunteers.
- The talk The entrepreneurial recipe- how to get started in the food business, 13.15-14.15 Saturday 26th, Sheffield Town Hall is unmissable for anyone thinking of starting a food-based enterprise. There’s a great panel of experts sharing their thoughts on the subject.
- Try some street food – we are looking forward to Fancy an Indian, Wah Wah’s and the Sunshine Pizza Oven.
- Join Regather Co-op in the Winter Gardens, 4pm-6pm on Saturday, Sunday and Monday for Food for Thought, a programme of short talks and workshops on food issues around economy, health, equality and sustainability.
Plus: Regather Co-op have a stall promoting our locally and organically sourced fruit and veg box scheme and our Sharrow-brewed beer – we will be in the Peace Gardens all weekend. Come along and say hi!