An absolute favourite for Autumn. This dish is extra-lovely when the roast veg are still a little warm. Try adding fresh apple slices just before serving, for crunch.
- Butternut squash, approx 1kg, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp plus a little extra
- Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
- Beetroot (raw) - 600g, peeled and quartered
- Fresh mint - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Fresh coriander - 4 tbsp, chopped
- Pine nuts - 50g, toasted
- Feta cheese - 200g, crumbled
- Oil and lemon juice, to dress
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / 400F / gas mark 6.
- Toss together the squash, half the olive oil, fennel seeds and a pinch of sea salt. Place in roasting tin.
- In a separate roasting tin, toss the beetroot chunks with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bake both trays of veg for 30 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Combine the squash and beetroot with the herbs and pine nuts, then serve on a platter and top the mixture with the crumbled feta. Whisk oil and lemon juice to dress.