After last week’s sweet, rich and indulgent crumble recipe, this week we’re going down the healthy route. Leeks and potatoes are of course made for each other but if you’re not quite ready for soups yet, try this lovely homely gratin. If you have some tomatoes knocking around, some grilled toms would make a nice accompaniment. Recipe from thedoctorskitchen.com.
- 350g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 30g parmesan (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Peel and slice your potatoes, leek, garlic and courgette to around 0.5cm thick.
- In a baking dish (roughly 20cm by 10cm), layer up your potatoes, leeks, garlic and courgettes, adding a little salt and pepper and chopped parsley between the layers. Pour over the hot vegetable stock and cover with tin foil. Put into the oven for around 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with the breadcrumbs, parmesan and olive oil. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or so until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with a little more fresh parsley before serving.