An eggy treat this week but one that packs in lots of healthy greens and some chilli, garlic and ginger which you can get as box extras. Recipe courtesy of Pippa, one of the newer members of the team. She already has her super-deft hands in lots of Regather pursuits – box packing, trike deliveries, farm work, plus gardening and cooking up a luscious veggie lunch on Sundays for the Lansdowne Estate Gardening Club. Like many of the Regather crew, she also has awesome taste in music and is very fond of her bike. She says this dish is a good’un and that you can substitute cavolo nero for the spinach: just slice up the cavolo leaves (discarding the stalks) and let them wilt with the aromatics.
- 4 spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- fresh ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp garam masala
- 400g spinach
- 100g frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- feta cheese
- Add 1tbsp olive oil to a frying pan and fry the cumin and coriander seeds for 2-3 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spring onions, dice the garlic and ginger, thinly slice the chilli and add to the spices. Keep on a low heat until the onions are soft.
- In a separate pan, cook the peas in boiling water. Once cooked, drain and blend.
- Once the onions are soft, add the garam masala and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook until it's wilted.
- Add the blended peas to the spinach mix.
- Make 4 dimples in the mixture and crack the eggs in. Cook for roughly 8 minutes with a lid on until the eggs are cooked.
- Crumble the feta cheese over and it's ready to serve!