Recently The Guardian did a special on potato salads – 10 different recipes, chosen by the always amusing Stuart Heritage. This is one of them, Spanish-style, taken from www.food52.com. It’s only 8am as I write this, but it’s making my mouth water! Fried potatoes with loads of garlic, summer style, yum. The recipe calls for small spuds but just cut to size if you have biggies in your veg box. Next week we’ll begin a semi-regular foodie series – favourite recipes of Regather staff members. Expect some great vegan dishes, among other things.
- 500g smallish potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200C (gas 6). Cut the potatoes in half or quarters into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Mix and put on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the potatoes for 40 minutes flipping twice during baking. Make sure they turn a nice golden brown. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the chopped garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Mix and pour over the cooled potatoes.