Organic cherry tomatoes are plentiful right now and we’re very happy to have bumper bags of them in this week’s boxes. It’s perfect weather for easy homemade tomato salsa. Use as a condiment for things cooked on the barbecue – burgers, fish, halloumi or veggie fritters – or just get stuck in with a bag of tortilla chips.
Cherry tomato salsa
- 400g ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small pack of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Half a small-ish red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (use less or more depending on how much of a kick you want)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, then set aside to let the flavours mingle and mature. That’s it!
- (PS. the leftover coriander stalks are perfect for curry pastes, and lime zest is wonderful mixed with mayo.)