Regather & Youth Discovery Ventures have teamed up with UnLtd & Esmee Fairburn Foundation to implement a two-year programme providing start-up funding and development support for social venture creation. We will be supporting community and social entrepreneurs through access to social enterprise workshops, office & retail space and cash awards to realise their visions.
Do you have an idea that will make a positive impact in your community? Or tackle a problem your passionate about? Apply for up to £1,000 to make your ideas happen. We will support you every step of the way to make your ideas happen. So far we’ve made a variety of awards, including a clothing exchange, environmental workshops for children, boxing workshops for young people, a musical heritage enterprise, aninsects for food start up, a South Asian Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual support group.
Interested? Application deadlines are monthly and we will be accepting applications until mid 2016. For more information, application form & guidance notes click the links below:
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for an award you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are an individual or informal group (these awards are for people who haven’t set up/registered their business yet)
- Your idea is NEW – this means that you have either never done this activity before or if any activity has occurred it is only in the last few months and this award would enable you to take the next steps.
- Your idea will create positive social impact and you have clearly thought about the social/environmental problems you are trying to tackle. To make this idea happen you need up to £1,000 in funding (most awards made are around £500)
- Your project/venture is based in South Yorkshire (Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster or Barnsley).
- You have thought about how you could make your idea happen after the funding runs out and you are looking at developing income to make it sustainable
- You are aged 11 or above (if you are aged 11-15 you will need an adult to support your application).
- There is NO upper age limit.